Monday, January 16, 2012

Why Is My Hair Breaking?!?! #3

Everything in life has to be treated or healed inside out

Nothing can be healed outside in
Same thing with Hair.
When Hair starts to break it's because the Shaft and the Cuticle are damaged.
It cannot and should not be ignored - it'll only get worse.
You must heal it - not patch-it-up.





Cuticle is the outermost layer of the hair 
It's sort of a shield that protects our hair from wind and sun damage but not strong enough for chemicals or mechanical abuses
Here is an example of Damaged Hair.   
Hair feel extremely thick, coarse texture and full of split ends 
This Cuticle is Damaged due to chemical over-processing  or mechanical abuses.
Hair feels stiff, extremely coarse and has an unnatural feel to it.
It feels like plastic.
This is what cause - Hair Breakage.

Here is a picture of a Healthy Cuticle
Hair strand feel nice and smooth, soft and extremely manageable



Here is a picture of a Healthy Hair Shaft
Meaning the scalp is nice and clean.
Healthy scalp = healthy hair

Damaged Hair Shaft
Hair Shaft is the part next to the scalp
As you can see there's lots of sebaceous oil or dandruff caused by
(dirt, chemicals and products residue) built around the roots suffocating and weakening the Hair.
This is what causes dry itchy and irritated scalp - causing Hair loss.


"Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advise". 
Proverbs 13:10




 

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh I see...hair is pretty much like life itself...when you face an issue you don't ignore it or brush it under the rug!!! It least i hope people don't***i hope they face the problem head on and fix it***and not try to path-it-up (as you put it) with lame excuses or try to act like it doesn't exist all together***if one do that they one will break and fall***just like our hair** :))) Thank you for your Tip mommy_To2 they're way cool*
    LOve
    Pretty~Face..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Suzy! I'm happy you got the point. :-))
    When ever we face any kind of problems in life, no matter what. If it's wrong we must take it by the horn and fix it once for all.
    Ignoring it does not make it go away, patching it does not fix it either.
    It's worse because you gonna have do it over, again and again.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Hair is exactly like this, I have tried everything to repair it but it just keeps breaking.

    I recently had braids and since removing them I did two relaxes, but it just keep getting worse.

    I have hand full of hair coming out, from teh roots and the ends.

    Please give me your advice on how to treat this.

    Thank you
    Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Maria!

    I just found your blog and i love this topic, why hair keeps breaking... i am African so you can image.... I have a hard time trying to make my hair grow and if I don't braid my hair,it almost hard to grow without braids...
    so please give me more tips of how I can make my hair grow without using braids or any type of wave. And when I don't use any braids it starts to break what do I do help me please.
    I look forward to hear from you!
    Thank you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beatrice,
    The 1st thing you need to do is:
    a)- check if the relaxer you're using is not to strong for your hair, if your hair is breaking and you need a relaxer, use a mild one, base your scalp well and coat the edges and the ends with vaseline before applying the relaxer.

    b)- start your relaxer rotating from the crown to the nape

    c)-trim the ends

    d)-stay away from hair products with drying alcohol

    e)- do these home treatment every week

    Try these tips and let me know the outcome, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Siomara,
    Do you relax your hair?
    Do you do a deep conditioner on your hair weekly?

    What type of shampoo do you use?

    Siomara, wearing braids all the time is not good
    a)- because your hair need to breath

    b)- those tight braids can pull your hair strand from the roots leaving you with bald spots for life.

    Tell me a bit more about the condition of your hair, I would love to help you, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Maria! sorry for the late reply!
      Yes i will love to get your help.
      Yes i do relax my hair often,I have notice when i don't it breaks, usually at the front.
      I do deep condition my hair usually when I don't have braids or wave on my hair but not weekly. I use any shampoo that I have at HOME.
      If I relax my hair I will use beautiful beginner shampoo.

      I know is not good to wear braids all the time I hear from different people, but when I don't do my hair break! so what can I do?:(
      Thank you already!! look forward for your answer!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...