Saturday, January 26, 2013

Did You Know 1920's Elaborated Styles Are In?


Are you going 1920's yet?

Did you know 1920's is the decade in which fashion entered the modern era?

                                                                                                           I love both look, they are both beautiful, elegant and very feminine.   

That's the year women began wearing shorter skirts and trousers.

Woman from the 1920's got a bad reputation and a bad name as  Flappers for demonstrating how women of that time didn't need to wear huge dresses, long hair and cover every part of their body to be feminine, like they did in the 1800's. To break away from the strict stereotypes, they cut they're hair short, wore flat chested, short dresses that gave them a boy-ish figure, and were not afraid to expose legs, shoulders and arms. 

I think the women of the 1920s were courageous. They wanted to be unique and individual as I think they should. Every one has the rights and freedom to be themselves.

I don't look at them as rebels, I look at them as courageous women who were not afraid to express their opinion and individualism.  God did not create us all to look alike or have the same taste. We are each uniquely created in his own image with a free will to pick and choose as we please. I think that's what makes life interesting. You pick and you choose ~ you choose and you pick, and so on and so forth! If you pick right good for you, if you pick wrong, all you need to do is go back and rectify it. 
But at least it's your life your choice and your mistakes.

 The 1920's Style is not just about bad name and bad reputation it's also about individualism, elegance fun and feminism. They got a bad reputation for breaking man made rules, that every women should dress and look alike. I agree with them, if I was there I would do the same! I think God created us unique, and each with their own body-shape and taste to pick and choose what we like and look better on each one of us.

Women don't have to walk around have naked to be attractive. I also agree that women don't need to wear huge long dresses down to their feet, extra long hair or cover every part of their body to be Holy or feminine. We don't have to sacrifice fashion to be modest, or to look feminine and elegant. Any women can be well dressed, elegant, modest and feminine without looking cheap and easy if she wants too.

I love long loose Dresses, but I would like to wear it on my own terms as I choose and not as an obligation! I think the fun of getting dressed every morning is to explore and experiment what looks great on you. The colors that compliments your skin-tone and the cuts and styles that accentuates your curves and makes you look/feel good about your self. That's what dressing-up is all about to me. I want to feel free to be me. Walking around looking like everyone else is boring to me! That's why I admire the women of 20's. 

The dresses were all about drooped waist with beautiful details to showcase the hips.
Every Dress were accessorized with Oodles of beadings, furs, feathers, flowers and laces.

Did you know that's the year "CoCo" Channel became famous. She promoted the style we associate with Flappers. The style were flowing and comfortable and she worked in neutral tone of beige, sand, cream, navy and black colors.
She's the originator of LBD - little black dress. That little black dress we all love today.

These were the most popular colors of 1920's fashion.

 

Now how pretty elegant and feminine are these Dresses?
These beautiful 1920s Dresses were all hand made.
Now these were the real Seamstress. 






The 1920s Dress style is all about Lace, lace, and more lace. Oh yeah feathers, beads and flowers too.


Hollywood is taking 1920's Style by the storm. 

 You should adopt it as well because it's chic, fun  and elegant. 

Drew Barrymore and Jessica Alba going old Hollywood Glam
Oh yeah then we have the infamous  Flapper Dresses
These Flapper dresses are beautiful!


Here are some beautiful modern Flapper Dresses ideas with Lace, fringe and Feathers.  


  



                I found this beautiful black modern 20s style Flapper Dress by Chatter Club at Macy's.

Its beautiful!


I also found this beautiful modern 20s style Dress by Jessica Simpson at Macy's. 


It's a nice drop waist Black Little Dress with just enough Feathers. I love it!
   It's beautiful and the feather embellishment at the bottom is perfect. Not over the top.
 Very pretty! You should give it a try.   



"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there's nothing new under the sun". Ecclesiastes 1:9 

  

5 comments:

  1. Times have changed. Have sit down and watch MTV music channel you will see what you never saw.Underwear and those women are role models.

    london, england

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so true anonymous. Those women are supposed to be role models but when you look at it most of them are barely wearing clothes...

    I love this older look everytime I see this style it amazes me it never dies out, so elegant and detailistic. I really love this. Very helpful information, we are about to have a YPG awards night coming up next month were we are all going to be required to dress our best and I wanted to go beyond and get a nice dress like this. I want and am searching for a really nice dress with this era's style could you please help me find the perfect dress, I wanted something completely different.

    I loved all these dress the ones I loved the best were the white and red dress hanging on the mannequin toward the top of the page and the beige dress towards the middle with the headless lady with hands on her hips ( sorry couldnt find a better way to desribe it) really nice.

    I love love love this eras clothing yet have nothing like it in my closet...Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true anonymous.
    Nowadays these women think the naked they are the more attractive they look. they think attractive is leaving nothing to imagination! So not true.
    These women back then really new what elegance was all about.
    A woman is much more attractive and elegant when she's well dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elise,
    I will tell you and all my followers the best inexpensive way to get this this look on my next posting. these Dresses are very hard to find and very expensive because they're Vintage.
    But I have some great ideas on how to. ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That so true I'm like in love with the oldys look....I can't wait for the YPG awards night* I totally with Mrs. Elise I wanna rock on of these dresses here!* Dona Elsie, I wanna know where to find them* :)))
    xoxoSV

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...