Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fashion's Do's and Don'ts? Really???

First of all I want to Congratulate you for your new clutter free CLOSET!!!

                                                 You did it!!!!!


And for you whose still trying to digest the concept of having to deal with your cluttered mayhem closet, I want you to know you can do it! It'll be one of the best time you ever invested on yourself.

Now that you know all your clothes, and can easily reach them, You can actually look gorgeous and updated without braking the Bank!

You can also look gorgeous and comfortable without looking raggedy!

Many people like to pretend or live in a denial that clothes are not important! Really?

In today's society its not the person in the clothes ~ but the clothes on the person.

We all know that's not God's way but unfortunately we live in this world.
Why should you allowed someone to judge you poorly just because of your outward style? Why jepadizing your career in the sake of clothes?

Why not get hired in the field or company of your dreams just because of your style? Why do you insist on being obstinate hurting your career or even the people you love with your outdated, oversized, undersized, raggedy style in the name of confort or this is me excuses? To be confortable has nothing to do with a raggedy style. I do not wear anything unless its confortable.


Please allow me to share one of my principles with you:
If two (2) or more people are telling you something is wrong with your character or style;  trust me, the chance is, it's wrong! It's impossible that everyone around you is wrong and you're the only one right! Especially the people you know that they love you and want the best for you!  

One must bear in mind that whatever we do affects our image, family and career whether its intentional or not, good or bad.Our family are either proud or ashamed of us. We're either their pride and joy or their disgrace! What are you to your family? What's your reputation in your job? Does your clothes mimic your lifestyle? Does it really reflects who you are or is it a cap out? 


Seriously, I don't know who died and made these media the Fashion Police and goddess of do's and don'ts? I mean Really? Seriously, who died and made them the boss of our closets? huh? It's ok to give ideas - but to boss my closet? I don't think so!
Taste is an individual character. I believe that Choices, Opinions and Taste is a unique quality and a freedom that we posses within us that no one has the rights to take it from us. Clothes should be a major part of someone's personality, because its the very first postcard anyone will ever get from you. And even when you're gonna your image will stay with that person. We always leave a piece of us to everyone we meet and talk to. Now the question is, what image of you, you would like to leave engraved in the  mind of these people? How you cary yourself outside reflects who you are inside.

It's very funny, but I usually like most of the things they say "Don'ts".
My Style is mine and I like to be free to explore my likes and dislikes.

I think life has more then enough important do's and don'ts that we should force ourselves to abide by them daily,  but I definitely don't think Fashion should be one of them. I think Fashion should be fun and creative, it should not be about, rules and price tags.  It should be about spending time with yourself. A Me time! A me getting to know me time without any one else's interruptions.

For example:
They say ~  Don't mix gold and silver accessories!
I love to mix gold and silver accessories

Don't mix patterns and prints!
If I find the colors that compliment each other, I will. 

Don't wear same colors together; such as pink and red
I wear whatever color I like and looks good on me. If you like to wear same color top and bottom like me, try combining different texture material.

Handbag, shoes and belt must match!
I hate matchy-matchy! They should compliment each other but they do not have to match.

Don't wear black and brown together!
I love black and brown together. I love black shoes brown belt, vise/verse.
I love black pants brown tops etc. it depends on the shade, but I absolutely love it. etc.etc..........

Blah, blah, blah..................... really?

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Don't judge by his appearance or hight, for I have rejected him.The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart".      1 Samuel 16.7





1 comment:

  1. I usually do not leave a lot of remаrks, but i did a few searching and wound up here "Fashion's Do's and Don'ts? Really???". And I actually do hаvе 2 questiоns for you if you do not mind. Could it be only me or doeѕ it look as if like a few of the сomments cоme acroѕs as if they are wrіtten by brain dead іndivіԁuаls? :-P And, if you are posting on other places, I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you make a list of all of all your community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...