Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When and Where To Wear What? Part # 3


We should worry about what God thinks of us and not people.
Many people worry much more about what others think of them, than what God thinks of them. If you live your live based on what every body's opinion about you, you'll never live your live! You'll be living every body else's life but not yours. Now how can you have a healthy happy life this way?

 I've seen many woman who are great moms, smart and talented in many ways but feels overwhelmed, challenged and completely clueless when it comes to Fashion. And it shouldn't be that way!

I think the reason you feel that way, is because:
a)- you want to please others
b)- your concern is on what every one will think or say about
c)- fear of fashion disaster 

The only person you should please is you. You're the one wearing it.
If I'm happy with what I'm wearing, if it's decent, and my husband likes it on me; I could care less  what anyone else thinks.

My style is my fashion. My fashion is what I like and look good on me, and that's that! Now my question; is there any woman on the face of earth that never had a fashion disaster? You should do what you can and know even if you think it's not good enough. As you keep on trying and experimenting different styles and colors, the more you'll excel at it.  Before you know, you're a Pro at it. Practice makes perfect, right? Given-up and procrastinating will never make perfect!
     
We can excel and become pros in whatever we put our heart and invest our time on.Everything we know today was a learning process, it didn't happen over-night, and it didn't fall out-of-sky. The only thing that falls out of sky for free is the Grace of God.Everything else comes with the sweat of our brows.

Self-style is no different. Self-Style is personal and clothes are part of life. 
Remember we only have 30 sec or less to make an impression on people. 
So use it wisely.   

Parents always tells their children "You can be what ever you want to be"
Yes, that's very much true, but some of them forget to tell them, that is......
                                    ~ if you work hard at it ~

Now let's get back to Fashion, shall we?

What's Semi-Casual:
Semi-casual means you can look great and be comfortable without wearing jeans, sneakers and T-shirts.
One should never wear jeans to Church Sunday morning or for an interview.
Every where I go, I prefer to be over-dressed than to be under-dressed. You should always show-up with a professional and confident look and attitude, like I know who I am and what I like, or as if you already have the job. It's better to be overdressed than to be underdressed. Overdressed means: you're confident in your skin and you mean business. Underdressed means: you're confused, careless and not professional.

When and where to dress semi-casual: 
It's your day off and you're running errands, morning branch with your friends, barbecue, pool or beach party, picnics, hanging out at the mall, movie theater with friends and family,  traveling etc...

Here are some of my semi-casual looks, for out on the streets with my family.
Pretty fun summer colors, comfortable fitting styles, wedge heels or pretty flats, little to no makeup and light accessories.






Here are some ideas on how to dress semi-casual
Sundresses, spaghetti-strap dresses, short skirts, jeans


 Remember it's your chilling relaxing day
Your dress should be a relaxing cotton fit material 






















You can wear these nice comfortable cotton khakis 
If you're gonna wear jeans, dress it up a little bit and make it fun   

























Remember you're walking around
So your shoes should a wedge or some nice pretty comfortable flats
























                         
Ok, Now how can you be casual without an Oversized sunglasses, a Ray Ban

And these oversized watches and bangles are great for a semi-casual look




"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you;
I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse". Genesis 12:2-3 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...