Monday, July 8, 2013

How To Do A Wet Wrap

The wet wrap is 'The' best hair style in the summer, especially if you have short hair.
The reason I'm repeating my self over and over again, is because my daughters keep on telling me that I have to simplify things as style for Dummies. Meaning simple enough so every one can understand. There are tons of professional blogs out there but sometimes they're way too complicated. So my goal is to take the ideas, chew 'hem-up and and give to you in the language you can understand.    




My beautiful daughter Elise sporting her wet wrap.
She loved it so much because it was easy to maintain and really cool for the hot summer days.
Give it a try, you'll love it as well.


End Papers
You can use them on the tips of 
your hair when you roller set your hair
so you don't get those fish hook curls.
Meaning frizzy ends going every directions. 
Lottabody Setting Lotion
Perfet for roller settings and wet wraps.


Boar Bristle Brush

This brush is one of the best brush for African American hair. But avoid brushing excessively.
Make sure to get the one made from  wild boar/hog hair. It's a bit more expensive but it's worth the money because it's a lot more kind to your hair and it spreads your natural's oil much better. The synthetic ones (made out of plastic) is cheaper but it causes breakage because it's too hush to your hair.
If you have African American hair, you should never use it to detangle your hair, or it will result  in hair breakage. It should only be used to smooth your hair as in a wet wrap, into a ponytail, polish your look, working in gel into your edges and hair when you're making a puff or a bun.
How to know the difference between them two? Just run your hands through it, the real one should be softer and it should not shed. 



"Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do". James 1:8 
New Living Translation



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this style. It was quick, simple and well explained so that I can now do it on my own hair. I will be doing it again this coming week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...