Sunday, January 4, 2015

How To Rock Your Boots This Winter


Boots, Boots and more Boots
Whether classic, casual or edgy boots can polish and add chicness to any look as long as it's styled properly.

I love boots.
Many people say that boots is for every season, but I don't think so.
I personally only wear them in the mid-fall through winter. The plastic rain ones are really cool for those spring rainy days, but definitely not in the summer. If you really love them you have three season you can sport them, why use them in the summer? We only have one short season to enjoy those beautiful summer sandals, besides our poor feet can really enjoy a sun tan.  

Boots are cool no matter the style or color, it can be rugged country look, simply casual or a sleek urban air. So, I'm gonna give you few tips on how to wear and style your boots properly. There's no such a thing as one style fit all. Neither on clothes nor on shoes/boots. One boot style does not suit all your  outfit!
 Every woman should have at least one pair of a classic knee high boots in their closet. If you can only afford one pair, make it a black pair.  

Over the knee boots are very much in this winter
I recommend you use it with a dark opaque tights with a skirt or a dress that falls few inches from boot top. Tucked-in leggings or skinny jeans. 

                                                         Avoid: Dresses/skirts that hits the top of the boots, it can really kill your look.  











Under The Knee
You can wear an under the knee boots with anything. Its a classic and it slims your calf.



This black one is a classic style. It suits everyone and every style.  

Classic round toe and perfect hight. Tt's not too high, comfortable enough to walk around.

Riding Boots
I absolutely love ridding boots. They great for doing your errands, window shopping, or a day out in town with your friends without straining your legs or killing your feet. They are stylish and yet extremely comfortable. It goes great with leggings, skinny jeans and straight tailored tucked in pants. 

I love my Ralph Lauren ridding boots. It's beautiful, comfortable and goes with everything. 



                                                                                                          Avoid: wide legs pants and three quarter pants, skirts and dresses.
Mid-Calf
Mid-calf boots are cute but I don't really wear them because I think they cut the vision of your legs making you look shorter. I think the longer a woman's leg look the prettier and more elegant we look. But if you like them, than here are some tips on how to wear them.

 For a better look:
1-They look best with short skirts/dress and shorts.  
2-Tone them with the same color tights to elongate your legs.
3-Add heels for elegance and to elongate your legs.

Avoid: Knee length skirts/dress and if you have full calfs.

Ankle Boots
1-They look great with jeans and dress pants. 
2-Skinny jeans, leggings
3-Opaque tights with knee-high frilled dress and mini skirts.


           
Avoid: Capri pants  

Western Style Boots
I'm sorry but wester boots are not my style.  I've seen so many girls wearing them in the summer but I frankly don't think they're summer shoes. Although they look really cute with dresses, I still don't think should be worn in a 80 -90-ish degree weather day. Sorry I just don't see it. I think a person's feet will be screaming for air! 

Avoid: other western pieces unless you're a cow-girl.







I think boots were made for winter, if it's hot enough outside to go bear legs, than you shouldn't be wearing boots period. i'm sorry, but i think it looks silly. 

UGG Boots
Ugg boots are not my style at all. I think they look like a winter  house shoes.
They're way too casual for me, I don't think they're attractive at all.
 
When buying one, you should go for a natural color that goes with everything.
But everything does not mean pajamas and sweat pants. They already look like a house slippers, now imagine how silly it looks when you pair them with pajamas and sweats?

They look best with jeans.
1-skinny jeans tucked in
2-boot cut over it
3-straight cut rolled up just touching the top of the boots










 

Avoid: boy friend jeans, pajamas and sweat pants, they look too shabby.

Rain Boots
                 
Rain boots are so cool.
I love spring time but those rainy days can be a bit overwhelmed sometimes. Walking around with those wet pant legs, wet socks, or wet slippery sandals and freezing toes are neither comfortable nor attractive.
  
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it". Proverbs 4:23




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...